Value bets are the bets wagered on undervalued outcomes, allowing for a long-time profit. The essence of value bets is increased odds exceeding the "global betting line".
You can find all currently valid value bets in the "Valuebets" section. Values are getting selected after comparing them with odds of TOP bookmakers, however, the user will be able to customize the list of bookies.
For a better understanding of the concept of value bets, we recommend you to read about the formula and see a visual example of calculation of the value bets in this article.
Defaults settings of the scanner
Value bets are initially calculated based on two "reference" BOs – Bet365 and William Hill, at this stage, the events with a 20% margin are being excluded from the results (such values are being suspected for being set directly by the BOs). You can on your own select the BOs to be scanned for value bets by ticking the bookmakers’ name. The percentage profitability of the selected event can also be customized at the top of the settings window.
As a result, the customer gets the values bets matching the specific parameters. The bet is automatically redirects you to the value bet calculator after clicking on it (1). The drop-down list (2) is designed to quickly view the odds set by other bookmakers.
The value bet calculator is useful in calculation of expected profits, and respective stakes. In the "Bet" field (4), you will be able to enter the amount of the stake, and it will automatically calculate the related profit in the "Win" field (3), and vice versa. Here, you can also choose the currency of the stake (5), and the income received (6). Dollars (USD) are set as the default currency, whereas the potential winning amount is set as 100, but this value can be changed in the "Bookmakers" section of your Personal Account.
You can wager your bet using the outcome frame (7) - by clicking on it, you will be redirected to the selected event by the specific bookmaker. You only have to specify the amount of the stake and wager it with the bookie.
After making a bet, the customer can save it to the Accounting using the "toolkit" icon (8). If the selected bet turned out to be useless or already wagered, you can hide it using the "recycle bin" icon (9).
Value bets have lots of additional settings available at the Personal Account. To activate them, go to "Multifilters" –> "Valuebet" tab. The following settings are available there for prematch and live modes:
1. "Bets": to mod the amount of odds results by events.
2. "Sports": to filter by sports with value bets to be displayed in the search results.
3. "Country": for setting the countries to be included in the search results.
4. "Show/filter out selected leagues": for setting the championships for bet selection.
5. "Hide wholes/quarters": to select the outcomes to not be displayed in the search results (H1 (0), TO (1.25), etc).
6. "Periods": is designed for displaying events by periods. More details can be found in our blog
7. "Halftimes/breaks/timeouts": for setting the display options for live events during breaks / halftimes.
8. "Time played, min": to set the time range for football (soccer) events.
9. "Starting not earlier/not later than": for filtering upcoming events by the staring time (only relevant for bets being wagered before the start of the event).
10. "Age": setting to display the "lifetime" of value bets (in minutes for prematch mode, in seconds - for the live one).
11. "Type": for setting up groups of events to be included in the search results.
The above are the standard settings for value betting, but the Multifilter section also has a number of unique filters:
- "Valuebet index": for setting the minimum number of bookies scanned for the surebet, so that the outcome can be considered as a value bet.
- "Value bet percentage": to set the profitability percentage.
- "Bookies for calculating Valuebets": this setting is to select the BOs for displaying the surebets against the values. We recommend selecting all BOs in this option for the increase of search results.
- "Bookies for displaying Valuebets": the Valuebets search result will be displayed only for the BOs selected in this option.
Valuebet tool: demonstrative example
The most illustrative example of the Valuebets functionality is a "live" one. With default settings, the value bets are being searched for at Bet365 and William Hill, all the bookies are being pre-selected as "Bookmakers for calculation", and the value itself is pre-set to 5. Let's tweak the settings to suit our needs:
- Let's set the value to 3 in the "Valuebet index" filter.
- Then we select all the bookmakers in the "Bookies for calculation" filter, and only the necessary ones - "For display" one, for example, Marathonbet.
As a result, we will get a selection of outcomes from the Marathonbet bookmaker, each of them overpriced with any 3 bookmakers from the list. The betting list with is set to auto-updating, it can be sorted and grouped, the alerts also can be set.